| Home  | Our Mission  | About Us   Webinars and Seminar Books   | Join Now  Renew Now  | Seminar Agenda  | Seminars Register |  Printable Brochures |
| Sponsors |     | Benefits |     Annual Filing Season Program |     | Contact Us |     User Help  |    
  Members Only:

| Resources Main Page |
(34 Categories)

Categories Most Frequently Visited:

| Monthly Newsletter |
| Tax Court Cases |
| New Tax Laws |
| IRS Representation  |
| Preparer Aids |
| Affordable Care Act Impact |
| ACA New IRS Forms For 2014, Draft |

| Tax Subject Library |
| Search All Contents | 
| Forum |
| Members Survey |

| Download |
| Tips For Tax Professionals |
| Boost Your Income |

| Tax Practices For Sale |

For Immediate Assistance
To Login


ncpeFellowship Discussion Forum
Register Calendar

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #1 
Had a number of returns that were efiled and rejected due to identity theft, filed the form 14039 and also filed a paper federal extension on April 15th. Should I wait until the IRS has sent notification that they received the form 14039 and assigned the taxpayers the IP Pin, or go ahead and file the paper returns along with copies of the form 14039 and the extension? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #2 
Karen,  It is my understanding from the IRS that they are not assigning each and every reported identity theft taxpayer-victim an IP PIN.  Therefore, you could be waiting for something that will never arrive. 

I would suggest that you go ahead and file the paper returns along with the copies of the Form 14039 and extension and, a copy of the e-file rejection notice, and, of course, the IRS Form where you write the Preparer's reason for the return not being electronically filed. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

©2010 NCPE Fellowship. All rights reserved        |Privacy Policy|